Monday, October 25, 2004

My Greek class runs from 8AM to 1PM. In between, from 10 til 11, we have an hour long break. Today, I went down to the school cafeteria which has probably the best breakfast deal on the face of the earth: One egg, potatoes, toast, 2 pieces of sausage, and some fruit for $2.25.

Anyway, today, I see some classmates, and so I sit with them. The topic on the table is relationships... except they talk about marriage proposals, what the first few years of marriage is like, plans on getting married, etc.. Me? I was completely silent. Not so much that I had nothing to say, as much as it was that I was stunned. It was just one of those moments (and I've had many) when I realized that I'm not in undergrad anymore. I'm not 19 anymore. You'd figure that not being around super-competitive pre-meddies all the time would remind me.

I also found out that a classmate of mine got married after seven years of being friends. That is... they were platonic friends for 7 years, and then one day they decided to get married. I read about people like them. Now I know some.

No comments: