Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Ahhhhh!!!!

I'm going nutzo. It's just starting to hit me. I'm leaving in a few weeks! The whole feeling is weird but very familiar. It feels just like graduation. Looking forward to the future, have to move forward, but kinda hesitant because this is what I've known as my reality for the last few years. Got a good number of boxes ready to become FOBs. Haven't worked on the FOP boxes yet though.

Thanks to Tim Clark, a fellow missionary in the Hokkaido region, most of the flooring's been wiped up, bathroom and toilet are clean, and so is the kitchen. Most of the cleaning duties are now relegated to the bedroom region.

Side note, today, the radio played the song "Summertime" by the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff. Yo, I was not feelin' it. -9C weather is probably not the best time to hear a song about hot weather, playing basketball outside, and driving down a street at 2 mph. Well, at least I was in a car at the time... instead of walking around with my fingers falling off from frostbite.

Have many good memories of this place, but the weather I can do without. I haven't seen a summer in a while. When I got here, and it started getting cold, I asked about how long the winters last here. The person laughed and said, "Here, we have winter, spring, and fall." I've generally found this to be true. Winter lasts about 6 months (Nov-Apr), spring lasts about 3 months (May-Jul), and fall lasts about 3 months(Aug-Oct).

Summah summah summertime...

No comments: