Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Farmer's tan and good food

I'm colorblind. So, usually I can't see when people blush, tan, or burn. But today, as I was driving to Berkeley I noticed that I have the nastiest farmer's tan. To confirm, I touched my shoulders so that I could do a side by side comparison of my bicep and forearm. It was like night and day.

As a side note, "night and day" can also be translated as "California and Hokkaido" respectively. The color of my bicep used to be my skin color for about 2 years. As my mom said at a Starbucks when I came home, "[I'm] whiter than most caucasians." Sunny California days make all the difference.

Onto the good food. For lunch, I just went to Jones' BBQ on San Pablo Dam. I had their Catfish sandwich lunch special. Oh it was good eatin'. Fried catfish pieces with lettuce and tomato on a bun, beans and rice as a side, and a Pepsi for $6. Good deal I think. Definitely want to try out their beef and ribs now. If anybody's down, I'm in the area.

No comments: