Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Went to the East Coast to continue on the Meet 'n Greet.

Boston and New York City. Not much sight-seeing in Boston aside from the meeting of my team's many aunties and uncles and even more cousins... and lots of food. Lots of food. We may have wiped out a few species of marine life. And I thought my people, the Japanese were crazy. Shoveled snow and got called a "crazy sunshine kid" because I wasn't wearing enough layers when going out. My team shared in that dubious honor.

Two and a half days in NYC, a nice vacation from our vacation. Took the Chinatown bus that ships you from Boston's Chinatown to NYC's Chinatown for $15 one way. What a deal! Ate more great food and did most of the things you're supposed to do in NYC, sans the Statue of Liberty. Empire State Building, the tree and ice skating at Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Ground Zero, Broadway show (Drew Lachey, Nick's brother from 98 degrees is a small man... not taller than 5'6"). Amazing thing: She wasn't sick of me at the end of the week! Almost as amazing thing: It got up to 60 degrees in NYC!

No comments: