Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Time to Barbeque

I realize that it's been almost two months since I've posted. I'm a pretty streaky blogger and I just hit a cold spell... literally. The month of February shall from henceforth be dubbed as "The Cold." I've caught six colds to date this winter. My guess is that at least three of them were during the month of February though it's hard to say because the colds started to bleed into one another during "The Cold." Just as I was recovering from one, another would hit me. It's too bad that Ben's wedding was during "The Cold."

To celebrate the emergence from "The Cold" and the awesome weather we've been getting here in the Bay Area, I decided to fire up the grill for some Tequila-lime Tri-tip sandwiches yesterday. The tri-tip was courtesy of Safeway's meat sale ($3/lb. offer good through today). As I was checking out, I remembered that we might not have enough charcoal, so, leaving the meat behind at the checkout counter, I dashed out to grab the charcoal bag. When I came back, the checkout guy and the bagging lady raised their eyebrows as if to say, "What do you think you're doing in the beginning of March?" I told them about the 70 degree weather out and that yes, I was going to barbeque me some tri-tip.

It may be premature to say that summer has come early. And I don't know what the groundhog did, but the grill came out.

1 comment:

messy said...

I always considered Memorial Day Weekend to be Opening Day for BBQ Season. I suppose you can consider this Spring Training. I say use the Spring grill to get back into regular season form.