Friday, November 22, 2002

Oh things have been absolutely crazy this passed week. If you look at my website on the missions page, you'll see that I got the newsletter out not too long ago. They're always short... a page long, but honestly, after all the training I've gotten from my Cal education, I think writing long papers are sometimes easier than a short concise little ditties.
That's besides the point. So, a few days ago, I got that out. And if you read the newsletter itself, you'll see that the preschoolers and elementary schoolers that I teach English to, are gonna put on a Christmas play... in English. That's been quite a challenge. We've still got a long long way to go... but not in terms of time. It's on December 14th. Great googely-boogely.
This coming Thursday of course is Thanksgiving. But because I'm in Japan, I have to bring Thanksgiving here. So, on Thursday, during one of my English classes, we'll be having a Thanksgiving dinner. Well, sort of. Without the turkey. It's weird. I can't find turkey anywhere but I can easily find ostrich (there's an ostrich meat farm about 10 minutes from my apartment by car). So, we'll be stuffing a chicken. And of course, I have to make the preparations.
And then, of course, there's the message that I'm preparing. I'm scheduled to preach on December 8th because the pastor's gonna be on vacation to Israel. As usual, I've gone through about 7 potential topics/scriptures. So these three things are on my urgent list right now.
My important list includes the decision to extend my time here in Japan or not, working through my personal mission statement, writing Christmas cards/postcards (I haven't quite decided yet), and doing my part in making that whole church planting thing that I'm supposed to be here for, happen.
Exhausted... and it's not yet December...

No comments: