Thursday, May 05, 2005

The off-season

I realize that I've left the BCS rankings up at the same week for months on end now. Truth be told, I haven't been reading people's blogs. I'm a horrible horrible blog ranker. I suppose I could further extrapolate and say that I'm a horrible horrible friend as well. I guess I don't care enough about other people's lives. Well except for Cal and Danny because I find their blogs informative, witty, and fun to read... and Alinna, well, do I really need to explain myself here?

The regular season
Baseball season is back and so is fantasy baseball. I'm currently fielding two teams and once again, I'm finding that I feel like I'm rooting for everybody. The great thing about having only one fantasy team is that you know who to root for. You don't own that many players and so, very rarely is there a situation where there is a conflict of interest. Do you want the strikeout for your pitcher? Or do you want the home run for your batter? Usually you settle for some scenario that's a win-win but incredibly unlikely. Example: Have the batter before your man get on base on an error so that your man can hit a double, get an RBI, but not have it charged to your pitcher's ERA. I love baseball.

The playoffs
I haven't been following the basketball playoffs as closely as I would like. But last night's Bulls-Wizards game was awesome. What was even more awesome was watching the highlights of it on SportsCenter while tipping back on some $7-for-an-18-pack-cheaper-than-water San Lucas with Ben. Gotta love El Salvador. As an aside, it's quite refreshing to drive around town without seeing every other car with a stupid Lakers flag flapping around. Guess most of the "die-hard Laker fans" just aren't as die-hard when they don't make it into the playoffs. Welcome to Warrior-land.

No comments: