Saturday, July 13, 2002

Today was actually quite warm! I can't say how warm it was because I only see celcius here but it was warm. Wore shorts, T-shirt, and the sandals... and felt comfortable wearing them! I was so happy. Summer finally arrived. HOWEVER... it was short lived. So early in the morning it was pretty warm... I was caught off guard as my jacket and jeans indicated. And it gradually got warmer as the day went on. I had to spend the afternoon inside the church because of gospel choir practice but I was happy nevertheless because i knew that the sun was shining and that i could finally stay comfortable in shorts. So gospel practice ends at 6PM and it was like a switch... as soon as it ended, down came the rain. Now i understand that here in Japan, it can rain pretty hard during the summer. But that wasn't the case this time. It was a cold rain... not a warm tropical rain.
SUMMER LASTED FOR ABOUT 12 HOURS! I dunno if the Hokkaido people are trying to scare me, but they said that tonight's rain is the beginning of fall. I was like, "Fall?! What happened to summer!?" I am definitely far far from home...

No comments: