Monday, March 10, 2003

I forgot to show this picture to you guys. It's a picture of something I found right outside of the DMV in Hokkaido. Took it right after I got my license. Yes, I took my driving test while it was snowing. And yes, it's now March, and snow and ice still sits on the sidewalks. But besides that, I thought it was incredible that they would even have such a thing right outside of the DMV. I guess it's to scare future drivers into being more careful on the roads. I don't remember seeing anything like that in front of the El Cerrito DMV. The closest thing I can think of is watching a Red Asphalt marathon in drivers' ed.
Oh and Bob, the scallops were real good. Today, I finished em up, using them for Pad Thai. Scallops Pad Thai is pretty good... but the presentation isn't all that great cuz the scallops just stick out like they don't belong there. I mean there's the thin noodles... the thin bean sprouts, the little bits of tofu, and a few other things... and then, BAM there's a few scallop medallions that look crazy huge compared to its surroundings just sittin there.

No comments: