Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Blah...

I think I caught a cold. I can't taste my food unless I inhale real hard while I'm eating. And lemme tell ya, that's hard work. I have a headache, and I'm just not feelin' all that great right now. Yeah, I know, IN JULY?!! Well, it ain't that hard when the high of the day reaches a scorching 64 degrees fahrenheit. Last night, during our church's prayer meeting, we had the heater on. Makes me go, "I don beeleef." Apparently, this is the coldest summer in this area for a real long time.

In somewhat related news, recently here in Date, plastic garbage gets thrown out with burnable garbage. Before, burnable garbage were thrown out in a green garbage bag on Mondays and Thursdays, while plastic garbage got thrown out in a white garbage bag on Tuesdays. With the installation of a new garbage incinerator, we now throw the burnables and plastic out in the green bag together on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Maybe the city officials realized that the whole global warming phenomenon wasn't reaching our quint city of Date. Before we know it, Date will become a tropical beach resort with the help of a hole in the ozone layer right over us, courtesy of burnt plastic.

Well, at least God didn't call me to be a missionary in Antarctica.

No comments: