Friday, February 28, 2003

Does peanut butter go bad? I hope not. Today, as I was stumbling around the apartment in the morning, I noticed that I have a jar of peanut butter. I also noticed that the lid was nowhere to be found. That's right... I had a jar of peanut butter just sitting around for who knows how long, without the lid. I dunno why I didn't see it before.
I wanted to eat something, so I did what most anyone would do, the sniff test. I took the jar of peanut butter, looked inside to make sure that there wasn't anything weird in there, and wafted it like any science major would. It passed all the inspection tests so I spread it on some crazy expensive bread (because all bread in Japan is crazy expensive... 5 slices for $2) and ate. I think it was ok. I'm not sure. It kinda tasted funny, but then that might have been because I expected it to taste a little funny.

No comments: