Monday, February 03, 2003

Joshua Clayton is here. Joshua is a new LIFE Associate. He's scheduled to be in the Kanto region (Tokyo area) for the church planting effort starting in late March. Right now, he's going around from place to place in Japan, taking film for a LIFE/Asian Access promo video. Right before he came here to Hokkaido, he was in Okinawa. So here goes the story... a very short story.
So he's showing me some footage he took from Okinawa. I was surprised. It didn't really look like Hawaii. It didn't even look like SoCal. It looked a lot like a NorCal beach town. You know, Monterey, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz. Not great sand. Buncha rocks. Buncha cliffs. Lotsa wind. But as a was looking at the screen on the video camera, well, I dunno. To put it in a short sentence. I think Joshua is a jerk. Well, not really. I was just watching the screen and it looked a lot like home, and I wanted BE HOME! I realized even more so, that I am very far away from home. I realized how much I'm a fish outta water here in this place.
For anybody who read this far... I'd encourage you all to email Joshua and tell him... I dunno, well, tell him something. I'm sure he'd appreciate it. To find his email, go to the LIFE ministries website.
As a disclaimer, I really don't think he's a jerk. He's right here with me. He can read the words I'm writing. I think he's a great guy! Smile! I was just joking, and talking about how much I miss home.

No comments: