Friday, December 26, 2003

I got an email from my mom on Christmas eve saying that she tried to call, but couldn't get through. Just the other day, a few people in Japan said that they tried to call but the line was busy.

Starting on the 23rd, I noticed a clicking sound when I sat down at my desk. It kinda sounded like those Snapple tops. I didn't think much of it though. And went about my business. This goes on until yesterday the 26th. After 3-4 days of clicking noises, I got annoyed and searched for the source of the sound. So, I put my ear against various things on my desk. Naturally, I start with the computer... specifically the CD drive. Nothing there. I put my ear up on the mouse. Nothing. Next was my MD player from way way back. Again nothing. By now, I'm figuring there's nothing left that might click. So, I resort to stupidity. I put my ear against my stack of post-it notes and scotch tape. Then it hits me, my phone! Sure enough, my desk phone was off the ringer. It wasn't completely off... I'm not blind. It was in the area but it just wasn't resting in the cradle.

No comments: