Monday, December 29, 2003

Lots n lots of random stuff.

Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving to go see family near the Tokyo area (as Lauren would say, "Jeech and botch"). I'll be gone til the 5th. Probably means I won't be posting stuff or getting/sending any email for a good week or so. Hopefully, I'll take pictures and post them, but I've never been much of a shutterbug so who knows? Gotta get back to my Japanese roots I guess. Chiizu!

I was looking at the calendar just now, and I realized that I'm gonna be around in Date for only 3 more months! Two words. Really weird. To give you all back home a heads-up, I'll probably be back sometime in mid-April. After I pack up my stuff from Date and leave, I'll be attending the yearly Spring retreat hosted by my mission, go sightseeing in Japan, and go through re-entry training in LA... all before touching down in the Yay. More details as the time approaches.

Been checking out the Urbana website. It's cool that we can sorta follow along with the happenings of the conference via the internet. Streaming video is awesome. I know quite a few who are there right now. Know that I'm praying for you.

I'm almost finished with my essays for seminary apps. Two 250 word (1 page) essays for Fuller.
1. "Reflect on your past Christian experience, including the most significant spiritual event/influence in your life, the role of Christ in your religious experience, and the effect your faith has on your worldview. Include your involvement in Christian service, your perceived gifts/calling for ministry, your reason for attending your church, and any involvement in Christian ministry or leadership."
2. "Reflect on how attending Fuller Theologicval Seminary would complement your present Christian experience and/or help you to achieve your future professional and vocational goals."
My problem now, isn't getting the words on paper. My problem now is trying to condense it all into one page. I'm baffled by how anyone can write on topic #1 for only one page. Topic #2, I've found is quite a bit more do-able. I said that it'd be done by Christmas, but when Christmas rolled around, I had a 5 pager and a 2 pager. I should be done by the time I get back from visiting family.

No comments: