Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'm back.

Came back from visiting family in the Tokyo area. As always, visiting the grandparents was relaxing. They just live at a slow pace. Wake up, walk the dog, eat breakfast, watch TV, eat lunch, watch TV, buy groceries, watch TV, eat dinner, watch TV, take a bath, watch TV, go to bed. Makes me wonder sometimes though. What would they do without the TV?

It's confirmed, I like the city. I like having to wait only 5 minutes if I miss a train. Out here, where I live, I have to wait about an hour if I miss a train. All I have to do is remember the toilet paper incident. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look around the blog... it's in there somewhere. I like getting a mocha with no whipped cream on any given morning.

Then again, I have to admit living out here has its clear advantages. Clean air. Being able to see the stars practically every night... and a lot of em at that. Real sidewalks. Little noise.

Wind chill factor is nooooo good. At night, the digital thermometer read -10C. I think that's about 14F. But it was a windy 14F. And that mess felt like 2F. And that's no arbitrary number. Thanks to AccuWeather.com, and its RealFeel, I can say with confidence that it felt like 2F. And I don't care if this is my 3rd winter, my 1st winter, or my 33rd winter... this California boy ain't too happy with the RealFeel anywhere near 0F.

No comments: