Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Update on the Japanese politics post.

So, today I talk with some people in Date, and the lying Japanese politician topic came up. I was surprised by some of the comments I heard. Namely, I heard a few people say that they felt sorry for the lying politician. Each person who felt sorry for him, felt that way for the same reason. They felt that the news reporters were too pressing on him. Basically, the whole thing about him lying went out the window because the reporters were too ambitious in getting a story. How ambitious were they? Well, you can check my last post. They basically checked up his statements each time until he backed himself into a corner.

Related topic. This morning I taught an English class and one of the students asked me, "Do American politicians lie too?" I wanted to laugh. I broke a smile and said, "Yes they do. But they're better liars."

No comments: