Friday, January 13, 2006

Back to School Night

It's my first week of school at Fuller's Northern California Extension Campus. So weird. Technically, last week was my first week, but well, I was a bad seminarian and didn't go... I was too busy eating, eating, and yes, eating.

The school culture here at the Menlo Park Extension is so totally different from the main campus in Pasadena. In an attempt to present my observations in a more palatable way... here's a top five list! The top five ways Menlo Park is so weird and different:

5. Only night classes are offered during the weekdays. Feels like I'm going to one of those adult education programs... like I'm there to get my GED or become a US citizen.
4. Where are all the Koreans?
3. The building itself is really quiet. I mean really quiet. Fuller uses a Catholic seminary that basically goes to sleep once the sun goes down. There are no students just hanging out in the halls. There are no guys trying to jock on girls. Yes, this does happen at Pasadena... in an edifying, Christian way of course.
2. Freaky looking, back-lit (think campfire spooky story lighting) statues of Catholic fathers dispersed throughout the campus.
1. Where is my SEMI (the school newspaper)?

No comments: