Friday, January 27, 2006

New Pet Peeves

I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by preachers who denounce "post-modernism." Two reasons... 1. It's not something you can denounce because it's already here... in fact, the very preachers who are against post-modernism are more than likely post-modern themselves. 2. The whole thing is being denounced without taking a holistic view of it... that is, it is publicly being deemed as bad because of its relative hold on the idea of truth (what you believe is true for you, what I believe is true for me). Nevermind the contributions it is making in the societal value of community, dialogue, and creativity among others.

Go do your research especially before going up to the pulpit. Don't merely accept what others say. Study for yourself as well.

On a lighter note, my second new pet peeve: Interstate highways that don't run inter-state. I-280 just runs down the peninsula. It doesn't go into Nevada. It doesn't go into Oregon. It doesn't go to Arizona. It's the same thing with I-880.

But the one that really annoys me... I-238. New pet peeves aside, I just hate this stretch of road. Traffic-wise, it can only be rivaled by that horrid highway known as "the 405." But it goes for about 3 miles. And it's an interstate? I don't know if it even goes inter-city. Oyy.

No comments: