Monday, January 23, 2006

Being home

It's nice to be at "home" again. Granted, I live in Sunnyvale and I've never lived in Sunnyvale before, but it's certainly more "home"-like than a few months ago.

Just this Saturday, Alinna and I had some of my friends from the East Bay over at our place. Much love to Steve, Jeff, Naomi, and Phoebe (oh and Giorgiana) for making the trek down here to the land of suburbia. That was then followed up on Sunday with a trip to East Bay Free Meth for church and lunch with my family. It really is nice to be back here in the Bay Area, living here, seeing friends and family.

I've moved more times since graduating from college than I ever did before. Since May 2001, well, I don't know how many times I've moved. Let's count.

1. Berkeley --> My parents' home in El Sobrante (4 months)
2. El Sobrante --> Kaminoyama, Japan (6 months)
3. Kaminoyama --> Date, Japan (2 years)
4. Date --> El Sobrante, again (5 months)
5. El Sobrante --> Alhambra (1 year, 3 months)
6. Alhambra --> Sunnyvale

It's now January 2006, about 4 1/2 years since that time................. thanks to everybody who's made me feel welcome back home.

No comments: