Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Early Morning Person?

The last two weeks I haven't been slotted to work the opening 4:30AM shift at Peet everyday. The opening assignment has been staggered between a handful of people recently. When I'm not opening, I'm starting anywhere from 6AM to 9AM. While a 6AM beginning might have sounded daunting a month ago, it feels like "sleeping in" now.

This isn't to say that I'm completely used to my new daily schedule. As evidenced by Alinna and my visit to John and Alissa's place last night to watch Heroes, I quickly melt down at about 9:30 or 10PM. Maybe melt down's not the term I'm looking for since it evokes images of Chernobyl and nuclear disasters. A guess a simple "melt" will suffice in this case. I was a puddle on their sectional couch while I watched Hiro Nakamura (my kinsman) swing from his perky ups to his disappointed downs with ease.

No comments: