Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One Week Veteran

I say "one week veteran" tongue-in-cheek. After working at Peet's for a whopping full week now, I am now just getting out of the utterly helpless and incompetent phase.

My manager says, "Most people think that this is an easy job, but it's not." While I wouldn't say that it's a difficult job, it does take a while to finally figure out how to do most everything and do them quickly. For the record, I haven't touched the espresso machine yet... sorry all you latte and mocha fans, I can't make you one.

What can I do after five shifts? Make coffee, make iced tea (I sound a little girly when I say this, but I found out this week that I like the coolers they serve at Peets), bag and grind beans, load the pastries on the tray (which is harder than it sounds because all the bran muffins look the same and part of the job is labeling them), and work the register... sort of.

I also remember the names of two customers, Karen and Keith. Although, if you ask me what their drinks are... well, one thing at a time, one thing at a time.

1 comment:

Mags said...

Hang in there - the job can be really, really fun once you get the hang of it! :D