Tuesday, May 01, 2007

First Day on the Job

So, today was my first day working at Peet's in Los Altos.

Yes, after almost graduating with a graduate degree, I'm working at a coffee house. I need the regular schedule that it gives me and I'm just looking for a way to plug more deeply into my community and neighborhood. Plus, I just like the coffee there. But enough of my need to justify myself...

It was my first day and they got me starting off with the opening shift (because I requested morning working hours so that I could do church work in the afternoon), and that means being at the store at 4:30AM. Yep, the other 4:30. If you're interested enough in reading this blog, it probably means that you know me well enough to know that I am by no means a morning person, and I think this qualifies as a beyond morning person job. We'll see how I hold up after consecutive 4AM mornings (this week I'll be there for opening from Monday to Thursday).

My shift runs froms 4:30AM to noon this week except for Wednesday when I'm working from 4:30 til 8:30AM. Come on by if you have time. It's the downtown Los Altos location on State Street.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a barista! Or would you be a baristus? 4 AM is a cold and lonely hour; take what little comfort you can in knowing either D or I are probably awake too.

Bob said...

What is a godly man like you doing up at such an ungodly hour?

bG said...

Sweet sassy. That's a cool job to have though. I like the community pouring into aspect. Just trick your brain into thinking its a really late night job and take naps during the day!

Mags said...

Morning shifts rule.