Thursday, June 20, 2002

Japanese news isn't all that exciting. I mean, aside from all the political scandals that seem to pop up all the time, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot more to report... well, other than the World Cup for now. I'm wondering, what would Japanese news be like if there weren't any political scandals or the World Cup? An super extended weather report? And it doesn't help that the newscasters here seem to have zero charisma.
So anyway, because of the lack of what I consider to be news, and because somehow, I'm still drawn to watch the news... I've found the most exciting part to be when they report about the currency exchange to the dollar. But I don't get it. Japan's in the middle of an economic crisis that only looks to get worse, America's looking like it's due for a strong recovery, and the dollar's been steadily sinking to the yen! Looking at the economies, the dollar should be getting something like 150 yen.

No comments: