Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Today I had a classic conversation with a 4 year old named Takeru. On Tuesday afternoons I teach English to preschool and 1st graders. Takeru is one of those students. After class was over, I went out of the church to see all the students off as they returned home. Takeru along with his older brother and mom were getting into their car. So here's the conversation as he's about to get in:
Takeru: Mr. Satake, do want a ride home?
Hideyo: No thank you, I'll walk home today.
Takeru: How'd you get here?
Hideyo: I walked here. And I'll walk back.
Takeru: But doesn't it take a long time to walk to America?
That conversation got me laughing pretty hard. A little harder than when I heard Hanson's "Mmm Bop" on the radio today. Just a little. Sheweedopbop mmm bop.

No comments: