Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Yesterday was brutal. Flew out of SFO at 11:45 AM on October 6. Arrived at Narita/Tokyo, waited there for about 5 hours (it was supposed to be 4 but there was a delay), and flew out to Chitose/Sapporo. Took a train from there to Shiraoi where I left my car. Arrived at Shiraoi at about 11 PM (this is October 7 now). Then drove to my apartment in Date. I finally arrive on my bed at 12:45 AM. That car ride was a little dangerous. I can remember only one time when I was driving and more tired than I was last night. A couple years ago I was driving the day camp ended. I was driving out from the Santa Cruz mountains and realized that I was swerving from one side of the lane to the other. Realizing that I was too tired to drive, I got off the freeway, pulled over to the shoulder of the closest road, and slept for a couple of hours.
I didn't do anything like that last night, but once I arrived in my "parking lot," I picked up two bags (I left one in the car to pick up in the morning because it was too big and heavy), walked up the two flights of stairs, opened the door, dropped my bags, and plopped on my bed. I stunk. My breath was nasty. My clothes were dirty. No shower. No teethbrushing. No changing clothes.
I don't know what woke me up at 8:30 in the morning. It could have been a bunch of things. Jet lag, the sun peeking through the curtains, my own stench.
Anyway, I'll do a blog highlighting my vacation home later. I don't have the time right now. But in the meantime, here's a picture I took in Virginia when I was with Ben Tao. I thought it was funny. He thought it was funny. But I'm having a hard time finding another person who thinks it's funny. Are we just a bunch of weirdos?

No comments: