Wednesday, May 14, 2003

A continuation on the topic of worship...

I ended the April 29th entry with a question... "What does it mean to have a heart of worship... after the music fades?" I didn't have to think hard before answers to that question popped in my head. But the answers weren't "how-to's." Instead, they were people. People I've met who completely exemplify this concept. I can't really describe em but I don't think I have to because we've all come across them from time to time.

They're people who immediately strike me as being different. But not weird different. Different in a sense that they truly put their minds "on things above" and it shows in their actions. It seems that everything they do, they do it with the complete knowledge that Jesus is with them always. And it's contagious. But not necessarily because of the words they speak, because often they don't say much. It's strange... somehow, I just know that Jesus is alive and kickin' in their hearts.

So far, I can still count the number of these "heart of worship"ers I've met on both of my hands. I can only hope that I too can be a "worship weird-o." I kinda like the sound of that. A "worship weird-o," a "dub dubya." Much thanks to those "dub dubyas" I've met so far, for reminding me what is important and for setting the example for me to follow.

No comments: