Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Great, simple article about Japanese economics and politics on newsweek: Japan is Back (No, really!)

Things that surprised me about the article... Japan is the fourth largest spender on military? I had no idea. All this talk from Japanese people saying that they don't have a military but a "self defense force" blah blah blah. I don't care how big the SDF is in terms of members, if you're the fourth largest spender on it, you're a formidable force. They're making a small army of Rambos out here.

Speaking of which, I've found that Sly has zero charisma here in Japan. Not that he has much in America now... but he used to. But no luck here in Japan. Every Japanese person I've talked to doesn't like and never did like Sly. On the contrary, Arnold's got a huge fan base here. What's the difference? "Stallone's gross" is the most I've gotten so far... maybe I'm not asking the most articulate people in the country.

Well, after his governorship, Arnold can come to Japan and try to be the Prime Minister of Japan. He can team up with the pro wrestler in parliament, The Great Sasuke and "pump up" the government by getting rid of all the flabby girly men.

No comments: