Thursday, November 06, 2003

Today there was a funeral...

And go figure, even in this solemn atmosphere, a lady came up to me and asked me, "Would you like me to set you up with my granddaughter?" I've almost gotten used to people saying something like this to me so I wasn't surprised so much by what she said as I was by the way she brought up the topic.

Lady: Thank you for coming.
Hideyo: Oh, it was no problem. You have my condolences.
Lady: Thank you. Would you like to stay around to eat?
Hideyo: No thanks. I don't want to cause too much trouble.
Lady: It's no trouble at all. You can come eat with us.
Hideyo: Thank you. But no thanks.
Lady: Oh. Well, thank you for coming. Would you like me to set you up with my granddaughter?

Completely came outta the blue. I mean, what the hao?!

No comments: