Tuesday, February 24, 2004

It's raining! Ha! It's raining!

Why am I so happy that it's raining? Because it's not snowing! Why's that a big deal? I mean, I like snow. It looks pretty. It's kinda cool. And it means that I can go snowboarding which is really cool. But yo, living in a place that snows and going on a weekend trip to a place that snows is way different! Can somebody on the East Coast back me on this one? The snow itself isn't the big deal. Well, unless it dumped like 6 inches the night before and you find yourself shoveling your car out of it's parking lot when you're already 5 minutes late to your first appointment.

The big deal is that if it's snowing, it's at least 32F. And that's not taking the wind chill factor into account. CaliforniaBoy + CaliforniaClothes + 32F + WindChillFactor = UnhappyCaliforniaBoy.

There are two great things about the first rain. First, it means that it's at least above 32F. Often it means that it's at least 38F. Second, it melts a lot of the snow and ice. And that's absolutely awesome!

Hahah! It looks like my attempts at making Date a beach resort by haphazardly spraying aerosol cans into the air, leaving my refrigerator door open, and driving my car everywhere around town for no real reason is starting to take effect! Mid/late February and the first rain! Har har har! If I recall, last year we didn't have the first rain til something like mid/late April. Global warming?

No comments: