Sunday, September 12, 2004

You can still be a FOB.

Today at church, I was talking to a guy from the Japanese division, and he was talking about how great it is to travel the world by ship. According to him, it's so much better to travel to Japan by sea than it is to travel by air. Let's break it down shall we?

Time
Air: 10 hours.
Sea: 10 days.
Advantage: Air

Entertainment
Air: Movies, tetris, complimentary cards, 13 music channels, airplane magazines.
Sea: The book you bring, piano.
Advantage: Air

Food
Air: Do I really need to say anything?
Sea: 10 days worth of food... remember?
Advantage: Sea

Price
Air: About $700.
Sea: Apparently, more than air. But most of that is due to the 10 days of meals thing.
Advantage: Air

Overall
Advantage: Air

I'll admit that it might be cool to go to arrive at Tokyo harbor in a ship and pretend that I'm illegal... once. After my my very careful analysis using only the best possible methods, I've come to the conclusion that while I may ship stuff sea mail (because I'm cheap), I am not likely to ship myself on a ship.

No comments: