Monday, February 13, 2006

First Day at School... Again

Well, except this time to bartending school. I'm going to one in Mountain View. Two weeks of instruction, Monday to Friday, 10AM-2PM. Started today. It's pretty cool. You can keep on coming to the bartending school without charge until you complete the written exam (recipes) and pour exam (12 random drinks in 7 minutes). It's just two weeks of instruction, unlimited practice until you pass the exams, free refresher courses after graduation, built-in job placement. $450. I think that's better bang for my buck than Cal was. I suppose the same could be said about my real schooling right now... but I don't want that unnamed school's higher ups finding this post and hunting me down.

In one class, I've learned to quick pour with accuracy, memorized 27 drinks, learned how to work behind a bar, and clean up. Not bad I think.

So, there's one other new person this week for the 10-2 class. There are other students, but they're there for either their (that's three different "theres") second week or practice runs for their upcoming exams. The other new person gets to class kinda late so she walks into the classroom while everyone's sitting down listening to the lecture part of the class. And everybody notices her. Not because she's later than everyone else, but because she's noticably better looking than anyone else in the room. Turns out that she's some Filipina model/actress. Yeah... how am I supposed to get a good paying bartending job if there are people like her in the area? I've got no chance. Not surprisingly, I'm having that nostalgic feeling I had when I was in a lecture room full of geniuses in PChem and BioChem.

No comments: