Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Thorn in My Side Known as SBC

SBC gave me a call yesterday asking me about my phone service. He had no idea what was coming to him. I promptly told the guy that our phone is working great... our internet, however, has been delayed. Yadda yadda yadda. He patches me in to the internet people.

I talk to a person involved with the DSL operations of SBC. I talk to her about how I'm disappointed with the service we've received. I talk to her about how I received a phone bill in the mail a few days ago. I talk to her about how we don't really want the phone service but we got it only because we want the DSL. I ask her if she could credit us the amount billed to us for the phone. DENIED.

Apparently, SBC phone and SBC DSL are to be treated as two different companies. Thus, because it's a phone bill, the internet people can't give me credit.

Hideyo: So, are they two different companies?
SBC Operator: With the regulations they are treated as two different companies.
H: Are there two different sets of shareholders with two different owners?
S: No, but they are to be treated as two different companies.
H: So, you can't give me credit because they are to be treated as two different companies?
S: Yes, that's right.
H: Even though the money all goes to the same man?
S: Sir, they are to be treated as two different companies.
H: I don't think that's right. It all goes to SBC. I'm paying money for a service I don't really want to begin with... all so that I have to wait in line until I can get internet service.
S: Sir, can you hang on for a sec?
*Click* *Click* DIALTONE

The SBC operator hung up on me. I knew I should have gotten her name at the beginning of the conversation! She hung up on me! Arghhhh! I hope that conversation was recorded for quality assurance as they say at the very beginning of every phone call. SBC, the internet better be up and running on February 24th!

No comments: