Friday, August 23, 2002

Oh so, going back to the Costco subject. I'm gonna finally write what I wanted to write at the very beginning. Somehow, hot dogs got me all jumpin around. So, by now, most Costcos don't just just have a hot dog stand, but they have a full on menu with pizza, pretzels, churros, and chicken bakes. It's these chicken bakes I've always wondered about. I've had 4 to date. And they're good... they're filling, all around, it's a winner. But I only have one problem. Because of all the cheese and stuff in there, it tastes too creamy. It needs something to contrast it with.
When I had my first chicken bake, I thought about what was missing... and I came up with something. Pizza sauce! If you could buy some additional pizza dipping sauce it would be absolutely awesome. Just dip the chicken into the pizza sauce and eat! And because Costco sells pizzas in addition to the chicken bakes, pizza sauce is in no short supply. And it wouldn't be any hassle at all. Works great right?
So, I walk back up to the counter with my chicken bake in hand, and ask for a dipping cup with pizza sauce in it. They say, "Sorry we can't do that." I say, "Why not? I know you guys have pizza sauce back there. You make pizzas. I'll pay for some pizza sauce." To which they respond, "Sorry, that hasn't been done before... we can't do that." And that was the end of the conversation. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't get something because nobody's asked for it. To me it seemed stupid.
Like i said before, i've had 4 chicken bakes... each of them in different Costcos hoping that I'd be able to get some pizza sauce to go with it. All four... denied. Maybe I should just shut up and eat my hot dog with craut.... ooooh craut.

No comments: