Sunday, August 25, 2002

Yesterday was a jam packed day. Started with speaking at the church because the pastor's on vacation. Here's the message I gave (don't worry, the document is in English). Of course, I had to give it in Japanese. I mean, I'm in Japan. They speak Japanese here. So thanks to my mom's translating, I was able to do it. But because my Japanese isn't up to a level to give a message off of notes, I had to write it scripted so that my mom could translate word for word... or something like that. If I have to script a talk, I just feel like robot. It's just so hard to do. Anyway, from the feedback i got, it seemed like people enjoyed and got a lot out of it. I'm glad.
So then, right after Sunday service, I rushed with some Gospel choir people to the nearby city to sing some Gospel music for a 15 minute performance as part of a jazz festival. And right after performing, we went to a nearby church to practice for the next 3 hours. My voice was practically gone by the time we finished. Then 4 of us decided to go back to the jazz festival to listen to some pro performers do their thing. It was fun. A lot of fun. But by the time i got home, I was so exhausted. I got winded walking up the three flights of stairs to my apartment room. Needless, to say, I slept well last night.

UPDATE 9/3: Can't find a way for you to access the message, so if you're still interested just email me or better yet leave a comment at the comment box saying that you want it. It's a small file in an MS Word format.

No comments: