Monday, March 27, 2006

Fantasyland

Every fantasy sports league I've been in have been uniquely different with its own league culture. The league with my high school friends would probably be best described as casual. Hence, it looks as though we're not doing a baseball league this year. Interest has waned in the last few years.

The league with other Fuller students proved to be stingy. I don't think there were any trades that were pulled off. Everybody just tried to get by using the waivers to fill in the gaps or holes in their team. I think I received one trade offer the entire baseball season. It was a ridiculous trade, I can't really recall what it entailed but I was seriously considering it just for the sake of seeing a trade go through in the league.

I'm now in a league with my church here in the South Bay, Baylight. The season hasn't started yet, but I would best describe it as intense. Trade rumors are flying around and so is the trash talking (though it seems to be all directed at one guy in the league).

Baseball season's just around the corner and I'm finally back in the Bay Area to watch some Giants baseball. Play ball!

South Bay Craigslist Finds of the Morning
1. Cherry Chest/TV Stand $39 (Milpitas)
2. Kitchen Table & 4 Chairs $50 (San Jose)
3. Nightstand $50 (San Jose)
4. Nightstand/End Table $25 (Cupertino)
5. Mini-fridge $60 (Mountain View)
6. Ice Machine (because how often do you see one of these selling?) $75 (Menlo Park)

No comments: