Wednesday, March 22, 2006

On vacation

I'm done with my first quarter at the Northern California extension! It was a rough ride this quarter with the schoolwork (Alinna will tell ya) but it was done.

So, I'm on vacation now for a week. Well sort of. Class will begin again starting this Saturday. So, I've officially got three days of vacation left. What have I done with my vacation? I started my New Testament Gospels survey course. I opted to take it as a distance learning course, meaning that I get a CD full of MP3 lectures and learn at my own pace given that I complete all my coursework by September 15th. It's self-paced learning all over again. My last attempt at self-paced learning was back at Cal with CS3S where the motto was self-paced is no-paced. I'm banking on the assumption that I've matured since then and that I'm an adult now with adult like self-control and responsibility. I guess it's a litmus test to see how I've grown in 5+ years.

I'm sure you guys are all sick and tired of the SBC stuff I keep posting but I just got a call from them yesterday saying that it's very likely that they're going to postpone us again. Again! Seriously, how long does it take to expand the network over an area? It's not that they're setting up the network because they service this neighborhood. What we've heard is that our area's oversaturated. I'm no engineer but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take three months to build on an already existing network. And now it may take four months. If you live near the southern part of Sunnyvale and are thinking about going to SBC DSL... BEWARE!

No comments: