Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Dude, my eyes are killin me. So, Saturday, as soon as I walk into the church, I start sneezing uncontrollably. This is 3 PM. This goes on until 11 PM. 8 hours of sneezing, watering eyes, and drippy nose. Fluids were leaking out of me. I have the trash can full of tissues to show for it. The next day, Sunday, was a lot better, but once again the tissue box was my best friend. I wake up on Monday, and try to wipe away that nasty stuff that builds up around your eyes sometimes when you go to sleep, for no real reason. Well, this time, they don't wipe away. I walk up to a mirror and see that the skin on my eyelids are peeling! They're peeling! I was like, "YUCK!" And because they're peeling, I noticed that my eyelids don't fold the right way anymore, and so, it forever looks like I just woke up. This started Monday. It's now Wednesday night. The Visine I got from my mom not too long ago has helped with the itchiness, but I seriously gotta find a way to get my eyelids to fold the right way again. And on top of all this, they itch too. I've tried some vaseline skin moisturizer on it... and it helps soothe it, and maybe it's doing something for the peeling, but it still feels like I have 4 eyelids everytime i blink.
So, it's official. Allergy season for Hideyo Satake has started. It's just too bad I don't know what I'm allergic to. It's great. Recently, when someone sees me, they either a) recoil in fear, b) do one of those look-at-the-weird-eyes-but-pretend-like-it's-not-a-big-deal things, or c) start itching their own eyes. After which, they ask "What are you allergic to?" It's amazing. It's a guarantee. I don't think I've held a single conversation with someone without them asking me what i'm allergic to. And because i don't know, I say that I don't know and that's the end of the conversation. Well, sort of. There's no more talking, but the other person usually ends up reverting back to one of the original reactions listed earlier... with a tendency toward choices b and c.
As a side note, a kid today asked me, "Why are your eyes purple?" I thought about talking about my allegies, but decided to not to.

No comments: