Monday, September 09, 2002

Right now, I'm watching a video tape of American TV shows thanks to Tim Clark and whoever sent him the tape. I'm not really watching it all that intensely. I'm walking around the apartment, doing odds and ends, occassionally looking over at the TV. But, just a few minutes ago, some ads ran. There was the Carls Jr. ad showing their "Six-dollar burger." You know, the one where there's the two guys sitting down in a restaurant that looks like TGIFs... eating their burgers when the waiters and waitresses start singing their trademark Happy Birthday song a few tables away. As soon as I heard the guys munching on their burgers... I stopped and stared. My mouth dropped to the ground. Maybe some drool ran down to my chin.
After the initial shock, the first thought that ran through my head was "That McDonalds' burger I had yesterday has nothing on that monster of a burger." Add Carls Jr. to the list of places I want to eat at when I come home for 2 weeks.

No comments: