Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Strange thing about my apartment... when it gets warm outside, guess what room is the most humid. My bathroom. Actually, it's just the toilet room because that's all that's in that room. A toilet, oh, I'm sorry, it also has the toilet paper dispenser. Regardless, it's the strangest thing to come back to my apartment in the afternoon, go to the bathroom, and get hit with heavy humidity.

For a while I was perplexed as to why the toilet room would be so humid when the rest of the apartment is fine. And then I peered into the toilet and discovered that the toilet water levels were like half of usual. DUDE! That's kinda nasty! Breathing toilet water air. YUCK! I might as well go and drink the water straight.

So why, you may ask, is Hideyo's toilet room so humid? Well, I really don't know. At first, I thought it's because there isn't any real ventilation there because it doesn't have a window. But then, I realized that most apartments don't have windows in their bathrooms... it certainly was true in my apartment at Berkeley. And we never had toilet water humidity problems at my Berkeley apartment. We only had toilet clogging problems there, and that was because of those stupid "water conserving" toilets that don't flush with the required "oomph." It'd just kinda swirl around and then get clogged. Oyy.

Oh, unrelated... here's the article of the day: The fine art of packing revealed. I particularly like the link to Jamiaca Jim the website listing travel needs for traveling to the Caribbean. Caleb, with Jamaica Jim, here I come!

No comments: