Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tagging

On the road back down to Southern California just yesterday, we stopped at a stop for some gas. After I fill up, I decide that it might be a good idea to go to the bathroom. So I walk into a stall and do the customary toilet seat inspection. "Are there any stains? Are there any drops of liquid... etc.?" What do I see? Tagging. Somebody grafitti-ed the toilet seat. You know, the kind that requires a knife. The tagger doesn't use spray paint as his weapon of choice but instead carves out the tag on the toilet seat with a knife.

Who ever thought that it'd be a good idea to tag on a toilet seat? On a wall or a sign I can understand. You're marking your territory like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. You put it out in a public spot so all can see. But a toilet seat?! People sit on those things with their bare butts. Your tagging name gets defamed by another man's gluts... repeatedly... in a public bathroom... oyy. I just don't understand.

No comments: