Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Just now I realized that girls' blogs get way more traffic than guys' blogs do. Way more. A few weeks ago, my blog counter passed up my webpage counter. (Right now, my webpage counter was reset cuz I had to completely redo the homepage because geocities lost it somewhere. Add them to my growing list of web services I'd like to virtua-egg.) I was pretty happy when my blog counter passed the webpage counter at somewhere around 2700. It's now at 2800. And I'm still happy... or was, until I visited a girls' blog, saw the counter, and got greatly humbled. I mean in half the time it took for my blog to get to 2800, they've got somewhere around 5000, or even 10000. Way more.

Is it cuz their blogs are more interesting? Is it cuz they have way more friends than I do? Is it cuz the female gender is superior in the art of blogging? I hope not, but for the sake of saving my ego, I'll quote Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone in saying, "I DON'T THINK SO." Ok, I'm done. I'm gonna go to my blog and hit the refresh button several dozen times now.

No comments: