Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Some time to respond back to some of the comments/responses to the blog... dooo deee dooo....
So about the Harvard question, Drew, of course is the man. Goes to show, a Berkeley grad kicks the rich Harvard kids in the butt every time! Reminds me of that scene in the movie Good Will Hunting where Matt Damon puts the Harvard grad student in his place at the bar. And that reminds me... what ever happened to Minnie Driver? Seems like she just dropped off the face of the Earth... actually, I think it might be better that way considering that I really couldn't stand her for some weird reason.
As for the Revenge of the Nerds post... I'm totally impressed by Kyle... I mean he knows the Lambda rap! Now, I don't remember any of the nerds rapping the rap, but I do remember the national Lambda Lambda Lambda members... the big black dudes rapping, I think. One thing I do vividly remember is one of the nerds playing an electric violin. Why? I'm not really sure, but man, that nerd was jammin'! As for Lamar, I don't remember him rapping either, but then, it has been a long time since I've last seen that movie. Looks like I'm gonna hafta see it again. No big loss, it's all worth it for the sake of trying to imitate the slo-mo javelin throw myself.
Oh and yes, Alinna, I did make the white chocolate cheesecake by myself, complete with a homemade graham cracker crust. Funny thing is that the crust was absolutely the hardest part to make. As for the white chocolate, I found it along with the jalepeno peppers and relish. I love that foreign foods store (Carrot's the name of the place)! Too bad I have to drive about 35-40 minutes to get there. Anyway, the white chocolate cheesecake was a huge success. People loved it. I didn't get any comments on the regular cheesecake I made though. That's right, OTHER cheesecake. The Easter luncheon was a potluck and I was assigned dessert. When I asked how many people I should make dessert for, the response was "30." 30!?! I mean when was the last time you ever had to make something for 30 people at a potluck?!

No comments: