Monday, April 28, 2003

Today as I was rearranging my room, I thought about my computer. I got it last year during the summer when my mom, brother, and sister came to visit. They hand delivered it from home. Took about 2-3 weeks for delivery, but hey, the delivery service was free... for me. But 2-3 weeks delivery for me, is 2-3 weeks to play around with the computer for my brother. So what does he do? He loads up my hard drive with MP3s.

He was nice about it though and sorted em out into categories... rock, hip-hop, r&b, etc.. But he had this one category, oldies. I was horrified by the list of songs in "oldies." Songs like Salt 'n Pepa's Shoop, Queen Latifah's UNITY, Shai's Come With Me, to name a few. Dude, when did these songs become classified as "oldies"? I don't think 2 years of being away from the States justifies this. For you NorCal folks out there, I doubt KFRC is playing those songs (speaking of which I had a friend in junior high school whose dad worked there).

Oh, oh... I just remembered something else in the music theme. One time during a biology lab in college, there was this guy who was whistling Eve's Gotta Man. So I smirked at him and said "Gotta man huh?" Apparently, he didn't realize what he was whistling because he looked at me kinda dazed and just said, "Uhh, you know... just uhh."

So anyway, I remember someone telling me in high school that you know you're old when you've got a radio station playing nothing but songs from your junior high school days. At that time, I think KOIT was playing songs from Chicago, the Police, and Atlantic Starr... so "old" had to have been early 30s. Then again, when I was in junior high school, I thought you turn "old" when you graduated from college. As long as you were in school you were with Peter Pan in Never Never Land. All I know is that KOIT, KFRC, whoever better keep their hands away from Ditty, Jump, Informer, Motownphilly, and Hip Hop Hooray. By the way, it's "Hey Ho" not "Kool-Aid." And if you don't know, now you know. OH YEAH.

No comments: