Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day O' Fun

Everyday this week is a Saturday. At least it feels that way. Alinna's off on Spring Break. Me? Well, I have classes on Wednesday nights and Saturday from 8-3, so I guess technically, Saturdays don't feel like Saturdays. But you get the point. Monday, Tuesday, most of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are Saturday in our minds! (sorry to all those who are reading this while working)

On this not so fine, rainy, and windy Tuesday we went on an excusion to Berkeley. At the end of the day we tallied up the fine eating establishments we graced: Cafe Strada + Top Dog + La Burrita + Fat Slice + Love at First Bite Cupcakery = A whole lotta fat and oil. On the car ride back home, my stomach was on a spin cycle. While Alinna was peacefully taking a nap, I was frantically squirming around, trying to keep from having to go to the bathroom.

We also went wine tasting in Alameda. Yes, that's right, Alameda. Rosenblum Cellars. Not exactly a picturesque setting for a winery, but they do make wines there and a mighty tasty Zinfandel at that. At least I think so. I don't think Alinna digs it nearly as much as I do. The 2004 Paso Robles Zin was a bold wine with flavors of raisin and plum and hints of pepper. Ok, now I just sound like a wine snob. For anybody who wants to try out some wines, I think it's a good place to go. Complementary (read: free) tastings and the wines aren't bad. Pleasantly surprised.

This week in fantasy baseball: Losing to Joonho 0-8 (my pitching's getting rocked again... I knew it was bad when Alinna looked at my team ERA and said, "Honey, I don't know much about baseball but I know that that's a bad ERA)

The South Bay Craigslist Finds of the... Day
1. Entertainment Center $25 (Santa Clara)
2. Wood file cabinet with two drawers $25 (San Jose)
3. Dark walnut desk $10 (Mountain View)
4. Bagel Toaster $10 (Sunnyvale)
5. 8" Tortilla Maker $10 (Mountain View)

No comments: