Friday, April 07, 2006

Will the Rain Ever Stop?

It's crazy out there. It feels like it's been raining nonstop for the last month. Then again, it's been a great excuse over the last month so that I won't have to run and stay in shape... and it's starting to show. Last weekend, Kei commented saying, "Hey, have you been gaining weight?" Kei! Mr. "I just gained 15 pounds in one week in North Carolina."

In related news, I'm still looking for work as a bartender. I never realized how hard it is to get your start as a bartender. Yesterday, I started as I was looking for work, applying to a bunch of different places in Sunnyvale I was given some advice on how to get my start in the field.

"Maybe if you catch the eye of a hiring manager and she thinks you're cute, you'll get a hire."
"Dude, it's hard to get your start unless you're a good looking woman with big boobs."
"Just lie on your application and say that you have experience bartending... that's what I did."

Well... I'm not cute, I'm definitely not a woman with big boobs, and I have a hard time lying... and I'm a terrible liar. Hmm... keep applying and hope somebody takes a chance on me!

This week in fantasy baseball: Losing to Minho 2-8

The South Bay Craigslist Finds of the Morning... well not anymore
1. Nightstand $15 (Sunnyvale)
2. Rolling Luggage $25 (Los Gatos)
3. Garment Bag $25 (Sunnyvale)
4. Kitchenaid Mixer $95 (Palo Alto)
5. Whirlpool Dishwasher $50 (San Jose)

No comments: