Monday, April 10, 2006

Day of Shopping

Yesterday Alinna and I went out shopping to Valley Fair and Santana Row. Armed with our arsenal of gift cards, we went around looking for good deals. Yes, we are still living off the fat of the land known as our wedding.

We discovered a while ago that while the Macy's registry is limited to housewares, luggage, and bedroom, if you decide to return something you'll get a Macy's gift card that can be used anywhere in the store. In other words, we can get clothes! And anybody who's known me for a good amount of time knows that me wardrobe hasn't changed a whole lot over the last 6-7 years. I still wear that blue hawaiian shirt that I donned for my missions card. Watch out world! I may venture beyond the world of free t-shirts!

By the way, at the end of the day I got a new pair of shoes, a couple of books (including Game of Shadows), Alinna got a new shirt, and we got a table lamp. Total cost: $50 (because gift card money doesn't really count).

This week in fantasy baseball: Lost to Minho 1-8 (Currently in 11th place)

The South Bay Craigslist Finds of the Morning
1. Oak Entertainment Center $35 (San Jose)
2. Bathroom Space Saver $40 (Santa Clara)
3. Iron Magazine Rack Stand $60 (Palo Alto)
4. Vintage Magazine Rack $65 (Palo Alto)
5. Dryer $70 (Sunnyvale)
6. Steel trash can $15 (Santa Clara)

No comments: