Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Googling

Many thanks to Dean and Julia for bringing Alinna and I into the land flowing with milk and honey (or ice cream and gummies) known as Google headquarters. Yes, we went googling. That place is like food Disneyland. A full cafeteria with tasty food and hidden snack station/drawers everywhere. I made off with a very full stomach, a Naked OJ, a cup full of cherry gummies, and a lime. Alinna left with an equally full stomach and handfuls of potato chip bags. Oh, and we had google do our laundry while we were eating. Pretty sweet deal. I felt like a kid visiting the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory.

A few notes from the visit to Googleland. They only Japanese toilets. Move aside American Standard. Google has Toto toilets. And yes, some of them have bidets. I really wanted to ride one of the motorized scooters, but out of fear of bringing undue attention to my "Visitor" badge and Alinna being afraid for my life, I kept quiet about my desires. And the Googleplex is an interesting building full of really cool-looking people and really nerdy-looking people. There are average looking people too. It's just that I've never seen a place where cool and nerdy hung out or worked together. Bizaare.

This week in fantasy baseball: Losing to Jonathan 3-7

The South Bay Craigslist Finds of the Morning
1. Closet $30 (San Jose)
2. Coffee Table/Hope Chest $75 (Palo Alto)
3. Coffee Table $50 (Palo Alto)
4. Dining Table and 4 Chairs $70 (Mountain View)
5. Airguide Ships Clock with Barometer and Thermometer $25 (San Jose)
Bonus:
6. Used Professional Kitchenaid Stand Mixer $100 (San Jose)
7. New In-Box Classic Kitchenaid Stand Mixer $100 (Mountain View)

No comments: