Opposable thumbs are important. On Friday, I accidentally cut my left thumb with a kitchen knife. After freaking out, twisting to my left and right thereby leaving a CSI-like crime scene of blood in the kitchen, Alinna calmly told me to raise my thumb over my head to slow down the bleeding.
For the next hour or so, I had my left thumb raised over my head like Hacksaw Jim Duggan. In honor of the great wrestler, I let out a few deep gutteral "Hooo-oooo"'s. I don't think Alinna got the reference.
So anyway, for the last few days, I've had to go about without using my left thumb. I don't know how monkies do it. Truly amazing creatures.
This week in fantasy baseball: Beat Joonho 7-2 (currently in 6th place). I won, I won! My pitching super-sucks but Chris Shelton is leading the way.
The South Bay Craigslist Finds of the Morning (Extended edition)
1. Bathroom Floor Cabinet $20 (Sunnyvale)
2. Vellux Queen Blanket in Green Mist $15 (Mountain View)
3. Dining table and chairs $90 (Santa Clara)
4. Alabaster Glass Bathroom Light Fixture $50 (San Jose)
5. Sofa $99 (Menlo Park)
6. Igloo Cooler and Jug $15 (San Jose)
7. Iron Magazine Rack $10 (Sunnyvale)